- The girls got all dolled up this weekend to attend the party of one Miss Emily – age 1. She just so happens to be called Ladybug by her Momma too, so my Princess Ladybug helped pick out a summer outfit adorned with strawberries and polka-dotted bugs, and I spent a few hours making her some custom washcloths out of some deliciously soft cotton-linen blend yarn.
- Disgusted by the idea of paying $40 or more for the belt I wanted for my cocktail dress, I decided to take matters in to my own hands. A yard of elastic, and a make-your-own-headband kit later, I had one for under $10. (That’s actually all dark black but in order to see it…you get the point…lighting and such…)
- Birdie’s class has their Valentine’s Day party on Tuesday, and I signed up back in September, thinking it would be light years away. This morning was spent with a bit of prep – coloring pages printed out, and some sewing time for heart-shaped bean bags to toss into a bucket, made from scrap fabric.
- A new book inspired a week-long project where the girls made Valentines for for family.
- Meanwhile, in secret, Valentines were made for them. Instead of cards, I used a tutorial from Purl Bee to make some hair pretties for my lovelies.
Tomorrow I plan on giving lots of hugs, and lots of kisses to the people I love the most. I suggest you do the same.