My trip to Utah is already half way over, which blows me away. I’m really trying to make the most of it – lots of family, friends, and more family. The highlights so far:
- A delayed St. Patrick’s Day celebration at Colt and Maggie’s, immediately after we arrived in SLC. We were planning on skipping it but were lured with promises of cake. I’ve lamented in the past about not being able to participate in their themed-parties, and we were not disappointed. I loved everything Colt had made for dinner and dessert (the cake was indeed delicious) and the conversation wasn’t half-bad either.
- Coffee at Joe’s.
- Late nights talking, knitting, laughing.
- More good food and conversation with C&M, this time at the Red Iguana and Dodo. Mole – yum. Coffee cake – yum. As an added bonus (as if we needed one) I scored a wicked-awesome green pea-coat from Maggie – so glad I forgot to bring my own.
- Playing outside in Spring weather – the sunshine-highlights on my girls’ hair.
- Sophie’s utter adoration of Zen and Meow Meow.
- Almost a first step from Sophie!
- And a little later – her first step!
- More coffee at Joe’s, this time with Em.
- Cake for Tom and Sophie – and presents – Sophie playing 1-2-3 Owl with her new puppets from Aunty Em.
- Chiropractor. (Yes, this is a highlight – he’s very good, and my back was very unhappy.)
- Lunch with a dear friend. Singing and car-dancing with the girls on the way home.
- Lots of mountain appreciation (those of you who live here shouldn’t take that view for granted.)
- Giggles with the kids. Giggles with the adults.
- Finishing my beret (woot! pictures later).
- Unexpected Idaho-cousin visit.
- Three more steps from Sophie!
- And most importantly – I had a very touching Teaching Moment where I passed on tips for one of my most valuable skills:
The best part of all of this is – there’s more to come! Kanabies (the rest of my family that live down South) are coming up this weekend. Yay!