We’ve been working on our little foyer for a few weeks now, and it’s almost done. The painting was officially finished today with (hopefully) the last touch-up. The light fixture has been ordered, and I have a pretty good idea of what I want on the wall – we just needed a new entry way table to complete the transformation. The one we’ve been using is actually an old, broken computer desk, and it’s not old and broken in a cool way either. So we headed down to Intercourse to pick one up at an Amish run furniture shop that I’ve browsed several times in the past.
And you can’t go to Amish Country without learning something new…
- If you tell a toddler she has to whisper because Daddy is on a work-phone-call, she will scream, “Daddy is NOT working – he’s IN THE CAR!”
- Sophie may need to trade Princess Ladybug, as her nickname, to Don Quixote – she had quite the conversation with some miniature windmills.
- Forget plastic deer for your yard, how about a plastic horse? I’m still not sure what that was all about.
- In Lancaster County, you can live on a farm, and also be within 100 yards of a Target. I’m so jealous.
- The day you forget to bring an extra outfit, and two extra diapers for your baby, is the day you’ll need them. Luckily, Sophie can wear Ella’s diapers without too much adjusting. (I know, right? She’s a chub.)
And last, but definitely not least,
- When singing Love Shack, at the top of your lungs with your husband and 2-year-old, pink spatulas make the best microphones.