I feel like we waited for so long to get a house. Not just since we put the bid in, and not even since we moved here, but over a year ago, when we found out about the transfer and decided on Harrisburg. The ultimate goal was to get a house. Now the papers are all signed, and we’re set to start moving in next week. And that is when the craziness will start. We’ll be busy taking down wallpaper, cleaning, packing, moving, attempting organization, deciding when to finally make the permanent switch to living there…it’s going to be the start of hectic months, on hectic months. Of course, it will all be for a fantastic reason – we’ll have a home! But it will definitely be crazy.
Right now though…right now I’m just waiting again. And even though I’ve got a million errands to run, and life is still busy, I feel like I went from one anticipating moment (the closing) to another (moving in). So all these random things are happening, but they aren’t necessarily exciting…
- I found out the exact time it takes a 2 year old to recover from a day of multiple people doting on her, and no nap: 32.7 hours.
- My dream of living in a state with little to no snow has been shattered. The wind here rivals Spanish Fork, at least enough so that I’m going to have to invest in a maternity coat. As I was standing outside this morning, waiting for my dog to decide where to do his business (seriously, why is he so picky?), bundled up in 4 layers, snow was flurrying around us. And it wasn’t even those giant, beautiful flakes. It was tiny balls of ice cold yuckiness – nothing that would stick, for now – but just cold, yuckiness.
- Ella and I attended our first Toddler Time class at the library. It’s basically Story Time, with a few songs and simple activities thrown in. There were 12 kids at that first class. Ella was the ONLY child that threw a tantrum. Oh, I’m sorry, MULTIPLE TANTRUMS. All the other kids sat quietly in their mom’s laps, sang sweetly, and happily placed animal pictures on the felt board. MY kid screamed bloody murder the second I touched her – EVERY time I touched her – and kept trying to steal the books and musical instruments. I’m hoping it was due to the fact that she was only about 10 hours into her recovery period, but just to be safe, we’re sitting in the back next week.
- I realized I had better finish some Christmas sewing projects before we started our move, so that I would have one less thing to stress about when December comes. Except without Tom here to distract Ella, and the fact that I think my sewing machine hates me, it’s not exactly coming along at a speedy pace. I had to rip out 3 seams last night, and ended up throwing away an entire section this morning, to do it over. But I will persevere – just know this, my sisters, and in-law siblings – no checking to see if my seams are straight on these gifts for your children – THEY’RE NOT!
- And the last thing? Tom is in Utah. I’m not. It sucks, and it means I’m picturing my family eating dinner at my mom’s house right now, while I recently ate warmed up leftovers from last week.
So yeah…just a bunch of randomness. Some of it stressful, but mostly just boring. Tomorrow I have to decide if I’m up to driving to Ephrata, in order to try and finish off some Christmas shopping. And of course there will be more cursing at the sewing machine, as always.