I’m supposed to be writing a post about our holiday weekend. But I’m having a hard time reminiscing when I’m still recovering from the ear-shattering-brain-melting screams of our 20 month old, blonde-haired, brown-eyed, doll-faced baby girl. You see, she asked for raisins, and although I gave her raisins, they were the gold kind and not the purpley kind. So you can totally understand why the situation necessitated 20 minutes of aforementioned screaming. I’m still trying to pull myself out of my Happy Place, but maybe I can hit on at least the high/low points of the weekend.
BAD STUFF IN REGARDS TO THE FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND:
- Rain. The entire weekend. Seriously. Don’t you think that Pennsylvania, otherwise known as the State of Independence (among others – how many identities does one state need?), the home of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the Liberty Bell, and those steps that Rocky runs up – wouldn’t this state, above all others deserve to have sunshine on the 4th of July? Apparently not. I’m suspicious of a Canadian conspiracy.
- Some lady who stood in front of us through half the fireworks, on her phone, waving a rainbow light saber, and yelling: “I’M RIGHT HERE RON! I’M WAVING THE LIGHTSABER!” Over and over and over and….yeah…
GOOD STUFF IN REGARDS TO THE FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND:
- Ella dancing to the rap music at the music festival.
- The song “You look good in your work clothes.” Need I even explain further?
- Ella butting her way to the front of the crowd. Tom shaking his head and saying that nothing ruins your street cred like a blonde baby girl raising-the-roof in the front row.
- Jammin out on the drum back at home, Ella looking at me like I’m absolutely the best drummer in the world. Enjoying the look of awe for all that it’s worth – it won’t last forever.
- Ella joining in on my pow-wow-dancing-skills-showcase.
- The excitement on Ella’s face when she held up a stick larger than herself, speaking in hushed, but excited tones: “Oh. Momma. A…STIIICK!”
- Watermelon. Ella’s first time eating the juicy fruit. Enthusiastic messiness followed.
- Messing around with some settings on my camera and actually getting a few decent shots.(More, of course, to be found at flickr.)
- Fireworks at Riverfront Park. I’ve never seen anything that awesome. (Well…except maybe the performance of “You look good in your work clothes”…definitely a close second.)