One of the reasons I like WordPress is that you can track how people found your site through search engines. It’s been very interesting to see what people were looking for when they stumbled across the home of Justice Girl.
The two searches that win for sheer volume are:
1. Yo Gabba Gabba related searches. I’m sure I’ll get even more hits just by mentioning it again. I only wrote one post concerning this awesome kids show, but apparently I’m one of the only ones out there to have done so. I get at least 20-30 hits a week regarding Yo Gabba Gabba, and that’s a lot considering I usually have less than a hundred hits on a weekly basis.
2. Some version of “fat pregnant belly,” including, but not limited to: “fat girl stuffed shirt belly,” “biggest pregnant belly ever,” and “stuffed belly can’t move.” I can only assume they are related to this post about how much weight I’ve lost since my pregnancy.
Then there are the totally random posts that I have no clue on how they were ever linked to my site:
- looking for a game with lots of socks
- can I go to the gym with an ear infection
- girl feeding the dog
- Seattle airport – security handsome
- I had to stand in the corner in fourth grade
- my bras are too small now
- sexy anal
- anal torture (what?!)
Obviously some have been disturbing, but mostly just strange. Looking over them, it seems that maybe one word would apply in the search, like I was listed on the 300th page and the person was just so desperate to find what they needed that they couldn’t stop looking, even after hours of clicking on semi-related links.
The fact that “anal” actually came up in two different links to my website is quite odd, so I did a search through my posts and found these sentences as matches:
- All three babies screaming on very different, very opposing notes, grinding directly through my ear canal and into my brain.
- I’m not exactly anal about her schedule, mind you, but I do know that she NEEDS her naps and frankly, I NEED her naps.
Quite disappointing for the people who wanted something completely different, I’m sure.
I’m wondering if this year will be any different. Will Yo Gabba Gabba and giant belly searches still knock out the competition (especially with brand new mentions)? Or will we have a new front runner? I’m hoping for “sexy superhero who also manages to be a kick-ass mom and wife.”
I’ll keep you updated.